In today's world, almost 95% of the drug packaging does not have the function of child protection, its safety tips are generally simply reflected in the drug instructions, even if the imported drugs, will omit the child-resistant pharmaceutical packaging in order to save costs.
Generally refers to the children and adult part of oral medication (such as cardio-cerebrovascular treatment medication, mental medication, etc.), the use of children is not easy to open, torn open packaging, to prevent children by mistake, but adults can be opened without difficulty.
According to statistics, about 30,000-50,000 children (under the age of 15) in China seek medical treatment for drug poisoning every year. About 2000-3000 children die of drug poisoning, and about 3000-4000 children suffer from sequelae or disability caused by drug poisoning. The annual treatment cost of these children exceeds 200 million yuan. Some data show that among the acute poisoning cases of children, the proportion of drug poisoning accounts for 28.83%, and the proportion of accidental ingestion is the highest among children aged from 1 to 6 years old.
The commonly used varieties are antiepileptic, antihypertensive, and antipyretic.
The issue of safe packaging for children has long been concerned abroad. In some developed countries, laws, regulations, and standards have been enacted since 1974 to enforce child-safe packaging in relevant industries. According to the world health organization and foreign literature, countries that mandate manufacturers to provide child-protective packaging for medicines and toxic substances have seen a dramatic drop in the number of children being treated for drug poisoning. Child poisoning deaths in Australia were reduced by 45 to 60 percent, and outpatient and emergency treatment for similar injuries were reduced by 60 to 90 percent. In Britain, the number of children (under 10) dying from drug poisoning fell from 151 per 100,000 in 1968 to just 23 per 100,000 in 2000. The proportion of Dutch children under the age of four suffering from drug poisoning fell by 15 percent, and outpatient and emergency treatment for similar injuries fell by 50 percent.
Children's safe packaging refers to the packaging designed to protect children by storing a certain amount of toxic and harmful substances (such as pesticides, cleaning agents, etc.) in the home. The structure ensures that it is difficult for most children to open or remove the contents within a reasonable time.
1. Packaging materials shall not produce substances that may endanger people or other lives
2. The relevant safety warnings and use methods shall be marked on the package of the harmful contents;
3. The packaging of harmful contents should be clearly distinguished from the packaging of food or beverage, and different colors, shapes or other methods should be adopted when necessary to avoid misunderstanding by consumers;
4. The opening method of the package should be reasonable and convenient, and the different requirements of weak consumers (such as children, the disabled) should be considered in particular;
5. The packaging of harmful contents shall be equipped with a safety locking device, which shall not only make it difficult for children to open, but also facilitate the opening of disabled persons;
6. The size, size, and shape of the package shall not cause consumers to misunderstand the content of its contents;
7. The packaging specification shall be suitable for its end use and the average consumption rate of the product to ensure that consumers can reasonably consume the contents within the warranty period
8. Avoid fastidious packaging, and use the cheapest materials to minimize the packaging cost added to the product price, as long as it does not violate other requirements.
The design of the bottle cap is the key to the safe packaging of the open bottle of medicine against children. The invention relates to a medicine bottle that can be opened at will by children and belongs to the technical field of medicine packaging bottle, which is used to prevent children from opening the medicine bottle by themselves. Its bottle cap adopts a double-layer structure, the inner cap is threaded with the bottle mouth, and the outer cap is connected with the inner cap. External pressure is needed to press the outer lid to rotate, so as to open the bottle cap, which can effectively prevent children from opening the bottle cap at will. The bottle cap is simple in structure and easy to use, which can effectively prevent children from opening the bottle cap by themselves, and effectively avoid the accident of children accidentally taking the medicine and contaminating the medicine.